A great marriage or relationship is a FANTASTIC thing, we'd all agree. We'd also agree that a lousy marriage is awful! Since half of all marriages end in divorce, it's obvious that great relationships are hard work! So how can we "stack the deck" in favor of an AWESOME marriage? Every article in this 4 part series lists 13 keys for improving relationship intimacy! You can find the entire series in the Feature Articles Section of K-9 Outfitters, a Division of Damascus Road Enterprises.1. Learn some new ways to say "I Love You!" Try sign language, foreign languages, Morse code, Western Union, or Federal Express. Express your love and help your relationship intimacy grow in ways that are unique to only you two.2.
Find ways to occasionally help with your spouse's job. Show more than a "How was your work today, honey?" interest. Learn what really fascinates them about their work. If possible, go see where they work, and have them explain their job and daily routine to you. Show your pride in their personal accomplishments.
Express gratitude for all they do for your family. Your relationship intimacy will become more genuine to your spouse.3.
Kidnap your spouse from their daily work routine. This doesn't have to be a big, involved, expensive, undercover operation. You can simply pick them up with a picnic basket in hand for a sunny, atypical lunch.4.
For their next birthday or anniversary, do this. Give them an envelope to take to work with instructions not to open it until the day is over (the suspense will drive them nuts!). In that envelope, give them instructions of where to go after work, say to a local flower shop.
When they get there, the florist gives them a single rose with written instructions of the next place to go, like the card, balloon, or candy store. Each place has a small gift and the next set of instructions. The last set can take them to your favorite restaurant or Hotel, where you are waiting to complete a romantic evening of relationship intimacy. WOW!.
5. Volunteer to do all of your spouse's "household chores" in addition to your own for one week. Tell them they are free to do whatever they wish; read books, plant flowers, go for long walks, take luxurious baths, get extra sleep, or whatever. I guarantee you this will make you a lot of money in the relationship intimacy department.
6. Hold hands while you pray, watch TV, take a walk, or sit in church or at a movie. Even this simple act will improve your relationship intimacy. There is something magical about the power of the human TOUCH.
7. Make it a daily practice to say something about your spouse to someone else, and also something to your spouse about themselves, which is good, positive, or uplifting. In other words, compliment your spouse daily. They will soon believe your relationship intimacy is for real once again.8. Take the kids out for a Saturday, and leave your spouse home to sleep late.
Leave their breakfast ready, coffee pot on, paper at bedside, and so forth. Tell them just to be lazy that day, and relax. They will have more energy for intimacy as a result.
9. When you hear a love song on the radio, send your spouse a text message or call the answering machine, and say "I love you, darling, listen to this?" and repeat your favorite words of the song to them, ending with, "That's how I feel when I think of you!" Their intimacy hormones will begin to bubble!.10. Make it a practice to share an intimate kiss and hug before leaving every morning, as soon as you get home in the evening, and before going to bed. I'm not talking about the obligatory "peck" like two birds "beaking" one another. Remember, the operative word here is INTIMACY!.
11. Plan at least one date every week. Go to dinner or a movie. Go on a picnic or biking. Go to a sporting event or something with the Arts or music.
Play cards or table games with other couples. Fly a kite or go swimming, fishing or sailing together. The goal is to build relationship intimacy.
12. Learn a new hobby together. It could be cross stitch (don't laugh guys, I've done it; they make great hand made cheap Christmas gifts). It could be pottery, woodcarving, skydiving, fishing, ceramics, rock climbing, or you name it.
Intimacy grows as we spend more time together, enjoying one another.13. Once a quarter you should plan a weekend escape. Take turns planning them, and tell your partner in advance so the anticipation builds. Or plan them together and watch one another's excitement grow as the time nears. Relationship intimacy will improve during the planning process as well as during the activity itself.
You can't lose!.Here is a tool for using these ideas. Go through the entire list together and rate each of the ideas. Ladies, place your numbers on the left side of each item. Gentlemen, place your ratings on the right side of each idea. Use the following rating scale:.
1 = My Personal Favorites!.2 = I Would Love For You To Do This For Me!.3 = I Would Love To Do This For You!.4 = Let's Discuss This Idea Further!.5 = There Ain't No Way, Baby!.
Have fun with this list of 13 ideas. The bottom line of each article in this series is really two-fold. First, I want you to learn to think of the wants, needs and desires of your spouse before you think of your own. Second, I want you to learn to have fun together again! Let your imagination run wild! Try actually doing the things listed in this article.
If you will do just one activity each week from the entire series of articles, you will increase the intimacy in your relationship (at least once a week) for an entire year! You can find all the articles in this series in the Feature Articles Section of K-9 Outfitters, a Division of Damascus Road Enterprises.Danny Presswood, 2006 All Rights Reserved.
.Danny Presswood is a decorated retired US Army Combat (Airborne) Chaplain. He and his wife Cheri now live in the wooded Ozarks hills of SW MO. Presently working on his Doctorate, Danny writes the Feature Articles and Newsletter for K-9 Outfitters, A Division of Damascus Road Enterprises, which offers a plethora of AWESOME discount, luxury, unique, and Handmade in the USA Online Dog Supplies.
K-9 Outfitters, A Division of Damascus Road Enterprises.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Danny_Presswood.
By: Danny Presswood